The history and benefits of turmeric are vast, but they are also practical!
Proper knowledge about turmeric can become an aid to all minor inconveniences right at home and with ease!
Turmeric is a popular spice derived from the root of the Curcuma longa plant. It contains a substance known as curcumin, which may help to reduce swelling.
Turmeric has a warm, bitter flavor & is commonly used to flavor & color curry powders, mustards, kinds of butter, and cheeses. Because curcumin and other compounds in turmeric may reduce swelling, it is frequently used to treat pain and inflammation-related disorders.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
- Hay fever is a type of allergy. Consuming turmeric alleviates hay fever symptoms like sneezing, itching, runny nose, and congestion.
- Depression. The majority of the study indicates that taking curcumin, a substance contained in turmeric, orally lowers depressive symptoms in patients already taking an antidepressant.
- High blood levels of cholesterol and other lipids (hyperlipidemia): Ingesting turmeric appears to reduce levels of blood fats known as triglycerides. The effects of turmeric on cholesterol levels, on the other hand, are contradictory. Turmeric is also available in a variety of forms. It is unknown which ones are proven to be one of the most effective solutions.
- Turmeric is often used to treat osteoarthritis. It is also claimed to treat hay fever, depression, excessive cholesterol, a form of liver illness, and itching. However, there is little scientific evidence to back up the majority of these claims. There is also no substantial evidence to support the use of turmeric to treat COVID-19.
Turmeric Scrub for Glowing Skin
When it comes to making your customized turmeric scrub, it’s simple and beneficial for your skin. The scrub exfoliates dead skin cells and moisturizes the skin, resulting in a healthy, bright complexion.
This turmeric sugar scrub’s anti-inflammatory and scar-lightening qualities make it ideal for brightening and clarifying dull, dry skin!
Turmeric is a natural bleaching agent & an antioxidant, making it an excellent component for people with acne scars and dark spots. Turmeric will give your skin a beautiful shine if you’re using it daily!
The moisturizing component is coconut oil. It will thoroughly penetrate the skin to hydrate and protect the skin. Coconut oil is also beneficial for aging skin since it may remove fine lines, crow’s feet, and wrinkles in general.
Benefits of Turmeric Scrub for Skin
You might be wondering what a turmeric face or body scrub offers. Turmeric has various skincare advantages, which are amplified when used in an exfoliating scrub.
When used topically, turmeric contains anti-inflammatory effects that appear to calm inflamed skin. This contributes to a brighter complexion. It’s also a good option for relieving eczema symptoms, especially during the colder months.
Even in powdered form, turmeric root possesses antimicrobial qualities, making it a good choice for many natural skincare products. It is especially beneficial for acne sufferers since its antibacterial activity may lessen the severity of acne breakouts.
If you do not remove dead skin cells regularly, they will collect on the skin, making it difficult for your skin to absorb any essence. Excessive oil and acne can also be caused by skin cell buildup.
A turmeric face scrub might help improve uneven skin tone caused by age-related hyperpigmentation or acne scars. It tends to brighten and fade. Stretch mark scars reduce in redness and become less prominent when used daily with a turmeric body scrub.
Natural moisturizers are almond or coconut oil, which are utilized to produce the scrub. As a result, the scrub increases skin suppleness and softness while decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
It will, like other scrubs, decrease the appearance of cellulite but will not remove it.
Overall, usage should result in healthier skin that is brighter and clearer in appearance.
DIY Turmeric Body Scrub Recipes
Try these DIY Tumeric Scrub recipes at home and achieve your perfect glowing, healthy, and nourished skin!
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 tbsp of turmeric powder of a good quality
- Coconut oil (as preferred)
- Mix sugar and turmeric in a large mixing container until thoroughly combined. (Sugar helps scrub off impurities, dead skin, and profoundly exfoliates)
- Add enough coconut oil to make the mixture the consistency of a scrub.
- Scoop into a clean, sealed jar or container and use as you would any scrub in the shower!
One tbsp of rose water.
2-3 drops or one tsp of almond oil (you can also use whole almond and grind it to a fine paste)
Mix all of the ingredients and make a thick mask. Appl and keep for 15 to20 minutes.
Wash off with cold water.
This turmeric body cleanser will last you a couple of months!
Turmeric is a significant component in Ubtan, a herbal concoction that includes turmeric, saffron, sandalwood, Bengal-gram, besan, yellow mustard seeds, and other features.
Turmeric for Body Polishing
These coarsely powdered herbal herbs exfoliate the skin gently and remove dead skin layers. The scrubbing action, along with massage, improves the texture and softness of the skin.
When used internally or externally, turmeric has numerous health advantages; try this Turmeric body scrub recipe for healthy, beautiful skin.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 almond oil
- 3-4 drops Vitamin E oil
- 2 Tablespoons ground turmeric powder
- 10-12 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
In a small mixing dish, combine all of the ingredients. To connect the oils, give it a good stir.
Transfer to an airtight jar and keep it in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Wet your skin with warm water in the shower & apply the
- Body scrub with turmeric and sugar.
Both sugars exfoliate well, and the almond and vitamin E oils are natural moisturizers. Turmeric powder’s anti-inflammatory qualities will calm your skin. Rub the body scrub in a circular motion with a washcloth. Rinse it out with lukewarm water and pat dry gently with a towel.
Finally, use your favorite skin moisturizer to lock in the moisture.
Instructions for Tumeric Scrub
- If you’re using solidified coconut oil, melt it first.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Transfer to an airtight container, such as a glass jar, once evenly combined.
Using the Tumeric Body Scrub
On use, wet your skin with warm water and apply the turmeric sugar body scrub circularly to your skin.
Rinse the scrub with warm water and wipe dry gently with a towel. Then, to lock in the hydration, use your preferred skin moisturizer.
Use twice a week and if you have some extra time at hand, try leaving the scrub on for 5 to 10 minutes for maximum effect!
Almond meals can be used in brown sugar in a face scrub for individuals with susceptible skin. It’s even kinder. Keep in mind that this will need to be refrigerated and has a limited shelf life.
A spoonful of honey added to the scrub will transform it into a cleaning face mask. Would you mind giving it a go?
Shop Best Turmeric Scrub Products
🌟 Turmeric Scrub FAQ
👉How long does turmeric take to lighten skin?
There have been lightning claims in as little as three weeks, but in general, expect to see effects after one to two months of consistent usage.
👉How long will a batch of the turmeric and sugar scrub last?
Depending on how carefully it is stored, the scrub will last 2-6 months. Sealed in a jar at room temperature and not exposed to water should survive at least 3-4 months.
👉Can you use other oils or essential oils in the turmeric and sugar scrub?
Yes, jojoba or Argan oil is suitable for the face because they are non-comedogenic and will not clog pores. Avocado oil or olive oil are both attractive options for a body scrub.
👉How to store the turmeric sugar scrub?
Store in an airtight container away from water at room temperature. When you’re ready to use it, measure out the amount, you’ll need in a separate dish to avoid getting water into the main jar. The reason for this is that water promotes the development of bacteria. The good part is that you can store this for a long time, but perhaps you’ll be able to finish it in two months.
The Turmeric scrub is made with coconut oil, glycerin, turmeric powder, and essential oils, which are very helpful for your skin. It helps remove the dead cells and makes your skin soft and smooth.
Use turmeric to naturally heal your skin and keep it healthy and glowing. We hope you enjoyed our article about turmeric for health and glowing skin. We would love to hear from you and what you think about turmeric and turmeric scrubs for glowing skin!
Please feel free to comment below, & we will get back to you as soon as we can.🙂